Please continue to check back for more updates. If you have additional questions or concerns, please give us a call at 615-922-4649. Thank you for your support and patience as we navigate this challenging time together.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL FITNESS AND YOGA CLASSES, INSTRUCTION,
GROUP CLIMBING AND YOUTH PROGRAMMING ARE SUSPENDED.
MARCH 20, 2020
As many of you have heard today, Mayor John Cooper’s office has requested that all fitness gyms close to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Beginning today at 8PM, all locations of The Crag are closed indefinitely. Candidly, we hate having to send this message. We are optimists at The Crag, and had always hoped that things would get better and let us continue to serve our community in a physical space. The reality of the current situation prohibits us from doing that.
So instead, we are going virtual until further notice. We’ve created a virtual fitness community on Facebook that all are invited to join, where we will host live workouts, share ways to stay healthy and active, and to keep everyone connected.
We are also moving training for our youth programs to our private Youth Program Facebook group. If you aren’t a member of that group, please email [email protected] to be added. Please note that this option is only for members of The Crag’s Youth Team and their parents.
We’re preparing for this to be a long haul, so we’re working with our staff to make sure they’re taken care of, and will be emailing all our members in the next few days for updates on memberships and billing.
We appreciate everyone’s support. We know this is hard on everyone, and the messages, notes, smiles and elbow bumps we’ve gotten from you all tells us how much our community means to you. The feeling’s mutual, y’all. We love you guys.
Stay positive. Stay connected. Stay healthy. Reach out if you need something. We’re here for you guys, just like we know you’re here for us.
Newton, Kim, Michael and The Crag Family
MARCH 18, 2020
First, thank you for your continued support and patience in these challenging times. It means a lot to us to know what The Crag Community means to all of you. This is a message we never expected to write. In twelve years, we’ve never faced anything like this, and have agonized over every decision we’ve had to make, including this one.
Last night we made the hard decision to suspend operations at our Franklin location until Monday, April 6, beginning tonight at 8PM. Our hope is that this helps us pool our internal resources and offer hours to our staff, as well as to limit exposure to the Covid-19 virus. During the time that Franklin is closed, we will perform a deep clean of the facility, following CDC guidelines.
We are also limiting hours at our Nashville location until at least the end of next week. Until further notice, the hours in Nashville will be as follows:
- Mon-Fri: 7AM-8PM
- Saturday: 10AM-6PM
- Sunday: 12PM-6PM
We are working on virtual training options for our youth programs, fitness, and yoga classes, and are exploring ways for our community to stay connected with each other. Please stay tuned to our social media channels and website for more updates about these programs.
If you’d like to support us and help us get through this time, you can buy a gift card or a multi-visit pass online to use at a later date. For our members, we understand if you need to cancel or freeze your membership. If you’re able, keeping it active helps us continue to support our staff.
Stay healthy. Stay safe. Stay positive. Stay connected. We’re going to get through this together, and when we do, we’re going to throw a hell of a party.
Yours in Community-
Newton, Kim, Michael and The Crag Family
MARCH 17, 2020
- Updated hours for the week of March 16, 2020.
Franklin: 1PM-8PM (M-F); Weekend hours unchanged
Nashville: 6AM-9PM (M-F); Weekend hours unchanged
The modified hours will give our staff extra time to clean and sanitize both facilities. We continue to monitor updates from the CDC and local government offices, and will reevaluate hours of operation again no later than Friday, March 20th.
- All in person fitness and yoga classes will be canceled the week of 3/16-3/20.
- All youth programming is suspended through April 3, 2020.
At The Crag, we consider our members and guests to be family. Like many of you, we’re concerned about the rapid spread of COVID-19, and like you, we are taking steps to keep our families, friends and coworkers safe.
We are following the news, CDC updates, and are paying attention to what others in our industry are doing to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Over the last few days, we have increased our cleaning policies and procedures, and have also taken steps that we want to make everyone aware of:
• We take pride in having clean facilities, and are increasing our efforts to keep our high traffic areas such as door knobs, restrooms and countertops as clean as possible.
• Staff with flu-like symptoms, or staff that have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, will not be working at either location.
• We will be posting signs around both facilities to remind people to wash their hands often, cover their coughs and sneezes, and to practice good cold and flu prevention habits.
• We will continue to provide hand sanitizer at the front desk of both locations, and encourage staff, members and guests to use it frequently, pending supplier availability.
• We have attempted to contact all groups and parties to ask if they would like to reschedule.
• We’re encouraging new guests to complete participant agreements on their phones or at home, rather than public iPad stations.
• With our youth program taking a break for Spring Break next week, we’re also taking the step of canceling tonight’s training session in Franklin.
Our staff can only do so much, so we’re asking for your help in the following ways:
• If you are sick, please stay home. We’ll be here when you feel better.
• If you have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home.
• Please wash your hands before and after you climb.
• Please cover your cough or sneeze, and refrain from touching your face.
• Please wipe down fitness equipment after use. We have disinfectant available in these areas for you, pending supplier availability.