The Crag isn’t just a place to climb, it’s a place built around community. Today we are featuring Ben Rankin, a member of both our staff and our family. Take a look at his interview to learn more about him.
1. Where are you from?
2. How long have you been climbing?
3. What do you love most about rock climbing?
Gaining new perspectives while staying physically fit.
4. Other than climbing, what are your hobbies and interests?
Skiing, gardening, backpacking, camping, mountain biking, paddling.
5. Do you have a spirit animal? If so, what is it and why?
As Dylan suggested the other day, my spirit animal might be a gazelle because I travel through the foliage like a gazelle. I like to think of myself as a big cat. Like a lion or panther.
6. Sir Edmund HIllary or Tanzig Norgay? Please defend.
Tanzig Norgay is the person who I would want to be like. He was influential in his own community, which is more important to me than going off and doing some thing awesome.
7. What is the name of your autobiography?
8. Do you prefer the smell of fresh cut grass or burning leaves? Please explain.
Fresh cut grass. Usually fresh cut grass means summer or spring is in the air. Good seasons to get outside.
9. Are you on instagram, twitter, etc.? If so, how can people find you?