Newton Dominey is the mind behind The Crag community. If you have been wanting to learn more about him, this installment of Around The Crag is a great start. Check out his interview below.
1. Where are you from?
2. How long have you been climbing?
Almost 10 years
3. What do you love most about rock climbing?
I love the quietness around climbing. My life and my mind is full of typically full of noise and distraction. When I’m climbing, especially when it’s going well, my mind (and the environment) gets quiet and peaceful.
4. Other than climbing, what are your hobbies & interests?
Most folks know that I’m a big fan of all things hockey. I also really enjoy writing and playing music, running and most things outdoors.
5. What’s your favorite food?
It rotates around a bit, but right now my favorite food has to be Thai Curry, hot.
6. Vacation time: mountains or beach? Defend your answer…
I’m gonna say beach, even though I love both equally. I almost always vacation with my wife, and it seems like we get to relax a little bit more on a beach vacation than a mountain vacation.
7. Describe your ideal climbing day in a tweet (140 characters or less).
8. Favorite outdoor climbing spot?
Jackson Falls, IL.
9. Are you on Twitter/Instagram/etc? If so, how can people find you?