We want to highlight the people that make up our growing community at The Crag. This week in Around The Crag we are featuring Jessie Ann Hinch. Check out her interview to get to know her a little better.
1. Where are you from?
2. How long have you been climbing?
2 rockin’ years
3. What do you love most about rock climbing?
I love that it gives me a wonderful community to be a part of, opportunities to get outdoors ALL THE TIME, and push my limits of fear and physical strength.
4. Other than climbing, what are your hobbies and interests?
I’m a distance runner, teacher, traveler, and all ’round outdoorsy person that loves spontaneous adventure in nature.
5. What is the name of your autobiography?
Jessie Ann: CRUSH YOUR LIMITS.
6. Do you have a spirit animal? If so, what is it and why?
because they’re wild and friggin’ awesome.
7. Describe your ideal climbing day
My ideal day would be top rope or leading at Red River Gorge
with friends who want to hike and share as many laughs as successful ascents. Just ANY road trip with an amazing group that ends up in minimalist camping and climbing.
8. Which do you prefer, the smell of fresh cut grass or burning leaves?
LET IT ALL BURN BABY.
9. Are you on Twitter, Instagram, etc.? If so, where do we find you on there?
I’m on instagram under: thejessieann.