Wednesday – March 13, 20, 27; April 3
Thursday – March 14, 21, 28; April 4
Normal bouldering comp rules apply:
- Points are earned by completing a problem from start to ﬁnish (must match and control ﬁnal hold). If you miss the box, you didn’t ﬁnish the problem.
- No “ﬂying starts.” You must control the start hold before moving to the next hold.
- Volumes and outside corners are on. All bolts and bolt holes are off
- If you use a hold or feature that is off-route, no points will be earned.
- In order to count, your attempts and sends must be witnessed by another competitor.
- Be respectful of your fellow competitors and cheer each other on.
The point of Adult Bouldering League is to improve, push yourself and meet new people. We want everyone to have the chance to win if they really push themselves and train hard, so we’ve created a scoring system that puts all climbers on an even playing ﬁeld and rewards progress. Climbers decide for themselves the level at which they climb and points are awarded for each problem based on the points chart. Climbing levels are based on the V-scale rating you climb comfortably and are shown in red below.
D1 V0- V0 V1 V2 V3
D2 V0 V1 V2 V3 V4
D3 V1 V2 V3 V4 V5
D4 V2 V3 V4 V5 V6
D5 V3 V4 V5 V6 V7
D6 V4 V5 V6 V7 V8
D7 V5 V6 V7 V8 V9
D8 V6 V7 V8 V9 V10
Points 5 10 15 20 25
Climbing any problem above your division earns you 30 points. However, this only counts twice during the season. Climbing any problem below your division earns you no points. Lastly, don’t sandbag. Sandbagging is lame.